How to make a terrarium – You can present a mini garden indoors by using a terrarium. You can be creative in choosing the terrarium filling according to your wishes. However, before knowing how to make it, take a look let’s go the advantages and disadvantages of the following terrarium.
The advantages of Terrarium
- Increase enthusiasm
- Helps healing
- Make productivity increase
- Bring a decorative element to the room
- Overcoming stress
- Maintenance is easy and economical
- Easy to place anywhere
- Making it very easy
Disadvantages of Terrarium
- The terrarium should be cleaned frequently
- The arrangement of the plants must be appropriate to make them look beautiful
Behind the drawbacks, of course, there are many advantages contained in a terrarium you know Ruppers. Now listen let’s go, what should be considered and how to make a terrarium as a home decoration below.
The first thing to think about is choosing a container, is it open or closed? If you are using plants that need sunlight, then you can use a closed container and vice versa.
In using the material, it must also be considered, whether to use a lighter plastic but prone to scratches and discoloration or to use glass which is in limited shape and quantity but is cheaper and easier to find.
- Glass or plastic container for the terrarium
- Terrarium accessories such as rocks
- Funnel (optional)
- Wipes for cleaning
How to Make a Terrarium
- Line the bottom of a glass or plastic container with 1.5 inches of small rocks. The lower layer of these small stones serves as a drying agent for the terrarium.
- After that, add a thin layer of activated charcoal. Activated charcoal works to fight bacterial growth in the terrarium.
- Follow up by pouring in enough soil to cover the plant roots. We recommend about 2.5 inches of soil layer.
- Enter the ornamental plants that you will use. Start with the largest plant size first. Remove the plant from the pot and trim the roots. Then make a hole in the ground big enough to fit the plant roots. Put the plant in the hole and experiment with its arrangement.
- Clean with a tissue if it gets dirty
- Water every 2 weeks or when the soil looks dry
- Do not put it in direct sunlight
In addition, Ruparupa has several mini garden references to accompany your mini garden crafts. Listen let’s go the following.
Mini Park 14r
Have this box to make your room look more luxurious. Has a geometric shape makes it more elegant, very suitable to be combined with other room decorations to beautify the room.
Geometric Bird Cage A.
Beautify the room decor with Geometric Bird Cage A. This ornament has a bird’s nest frame, with a base layer of coral and poor sand. Above the base layer, there are succulent plants with beautiful color variations that can liven up the atmosphere in the room.
Box Mini Park 15.5 × 15.5 × 21 cm
Place this box on your dressing table or guest table to give the room a luxurious feel. Having a geometric shape makes it more elegant, very suitable for use as a storage area for jewelry or favorite knick-knacks.
Geometric Ball Eyed C
Give your room a unique touch with Geometric Ball Eyed C. It is framed with geometric shapes, with a base layer of coral and poor sand. Above the base layer, there are succulent plants with beautiful color variations that can liven up the atmosphere in the room.
Mini Garden 15x14x17 Cm
Give a minimalist but luxurious impression to your room by placing this box on the guest table or dressing table. Has a geometric shape makes it more elegant, very suitable to be combined with other room decorations to beautify the room.
Complete other terrarium needs with special offers only at Ruparupa.