Your closet is messy? Start tidying up the contents of your wardrobe by folding clothes. Folding your clothes can save your storage space in the wardrobe. Besides, your shelf can find your clothes easily with just a glance.
If you rush your clothes before folding them properly, you will not only be wasting space and wreaking havoc on cupboards and drawers, but will likely tangle all of your clothes.
Therefore, check out these ways to fold clothes that will save significant storage space while keeping everything organized.
How to Fold a T-Shirt
Instead of piling your shirts on top of each other and then rummaging through the pile, use this method to make it easier for you to find the clothes you want.
- Place the shirt on a flat surface, then fold one arm inward at the armpit seam.
- On the same side, fold the length of the shirt to the middle.
- Repeat the first step on the opposite side.
- Repeat the second step on the opposite side. Your clothes should now be rectangular.
- Take the folded shirt and bring the bottom up, so that the shirt size is only half.
- Tidy up the t-shirts and place them in a drawer or on a shelf.
For t-shirts with logos or designs (such as concert shirts), start folding with the printed side facing down. That way, once folded, the design will face upward, making it easier to find a particular shirt without having to open every shirt.
How to fold a shirt
Although you may be used to hanging shirts, folding them so they can be neatly tucked away in a drawer not only saves valuable closet space but also prevents creases.
Make sure the shirt is buttoned before folding. This will ensure neat and crease-free creases. Then, follow these folding steps:
Spread the button side of the shirt down on a flat surface.
- Bring the right arm to the center, fold it along the seam of the armpit.
- Fold the right arm at an angle of about 45 degrees downwards towards the end.
- Repeat step 2 on the left side.
- Repeat step 3 on the left side.
- Grasp the bottom edge and fold the bottom third of the shirt up.
- Fold it again so that the folded part reaches the top of the shoulders.
How to Fold Clothes Sweater
Sweaters are not recommended for hanging. To prevent sweaters from falling and stretching, you should fold them neatly.
- With the front of the sweater pointing down, fold the sleeves toward the center of the sweater.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Lift the bottom edge and fold the sweater in half.
How to Fold Socks
a long sock should be folded in thirds by placing one flat sock on top of the other, then folding in thirds as if folding a letter.
However, short socks may not be long enough to fold in thirds. The method below shows how to fold socks like this without tucking the socks.
- T-shape with one sock on top of the other sock perpendicularly.
- Fold the right edge of the bottom sock over the top of the sock.
- Repeat for the left side of the bottom sock.
- Fold the top of the sock so that it hangs over the top.
- Fold the hanging section of the sock between the folds of the bottom sock.
How to fold pants
This method of folding pants allows you to store them horizontally and to fit more pants into each drawer.
- Fold the pants in half, place one leg on top of the other leg with the back pocket facing out.
- Fold it in half lengthwise, bringing the ends just below the waist and forming a rectangle
- Finally, fold the pants up again, this time in thirds.
How to fold underwear
Always start with underwear on a flat surface. For women’s underwear, fold it in half by bringing one of the right edges in the opposite direction.
Repeat the previous step, then fold it in half from top to bottom.
For men’s underwear, triple bringing one side to the center, then repeat for the other side. Fold it in half from top to bottom.
That’s the way to fold clothes so that your clothes don’t get wrinkled and don’t waste space. You can buy some of the recommended products below to make it easier for you to store your clothes neatly.
This four tier drawer from Krishome can be a place to arrange your clothes neatly. Comes with a wheel feature to make it easier for you to move the drawer.
Cupboards and Drawers
Make it easy to store your clothes and items with wardrobe and drawer sets from Informa. This set has a mirror feature which makes it easy for you to get ready.
You can buy the recommended products above or buy other items such as wardrobes, drawers, and clothes racks only at Ruparupa. Get it soon before it runs out!